Hi,

today, I dug into the various packages, that use i18n:

        deform
        deformdemo
        colander

and I noticed, that they're missing a unified approach.

Some use lingua, some babel, and this results in inconsistent i18n state and
handling. I propose to use the current i18n.sh script of lingua for all Pylons
packages, similar to https://github.com/Pylons/deform/pull/332 .

Why: due to Pyramids range of supported templating systems, lingua is far
better suited to fulfill our needs. It's also much easier to remember (and to
document) to run a single script, then three of them in order to update
translations, not to speak of the unfortunate setup integration..

The nice side of this move:

$ ./i18n.sh
Extract messages
No changes found - not replacing deform/locale/deform.pot
Update translations
......... done.
......... done.
......... done.
......... done.
......... done.
......... done.
......... done.
......... done.
......... done.
......... done.
... done.
......... done.
......... done.
......... done.
......... done.
.......... done.
......... done.
......... done.
Compile message catalogs
cs: 19 translated messages, 2 fuzzy translations, 5 untranslated messages.
da: 11 translated messages, 1 fuzzy translation, 14 untranslated messages.
de: 26 translated messages.
el: 24 translated messages, 2 untranslated messages.
es: 11 translated messages, 1 fuzzy translation, 14 untranslated messages.
fi: 25 translated messages, 1 untranslated message.
fr: 19 translated messages, 2 fuzzy translations, 5 untranslated messages.
it: 19 translated messages, 2 fuzzy translations, 5 untranslated messages.
ja: 25 translated messages, 1 untranslated message.
nl: 19 translated messages, 2 fuzzy translations, 5 untranslated messages.
pl: 19 translated messages, 2 fuzzy translations, 5 untranslated messages.
pt: 19 translated messages, 2 fuzzy translations, 5 untranslated messages.
pt_BR: 11 translated messages, 1 fuzzy translation, 14 untranslated messages.
ru: 19 translated messages, 2 fuzzy translations, 5 untranslated messages.
sv: 18 translated messages, 2 fuzzy translations, 6 untranslated messages.
zh: 19 translated messages, 2 fuzzy translations, 5 untranslated messages.
zh_CN: 21 translated messages, 1 fuzzy translation, 4 untranslated messages.
zh_Hans: 21 translated messages, 1 fuzzy translation, 4 untranslated messages.

As a consequence, all these packages will depend on lingua then..

One downside of this move: jinja2 support depends on babel, and needs some
configuration file support for pot-create, that has to be patched into i18n.sh
before:

$ cat lingua.cfg
[extractor:xml]
default-engine = tales