> - As much as you can , don't allow consumer HTML
> - I really suggest forcing everything into Markdown or similar in the
> backend, then generating into HTML as needed.

I humbly disagree. In many companies, you'll see people elaborate
rich-text content in MS Word, and then copy and paste it into a content
management system (I develop and maintain a couple of Zope/CMF/Plone
corporate intranet websites, and I see this happening all the time).

If you don't allow HTML and impose wiki-style formatting instead, many
non-technical people will complain about the change, and rightly so...

My 2 cents...

Laurent.