Hi,

It is primary on my "wrapped" library that this applies, for so it can be
easily installed.

Yes on windows the JRE is found using the PATH. I haven't been able to
locate where this is done, as I would prefer to use a direct variable or
separate environment variable for this to keep it "boxed" from the system
variables.

I have however found a way now that works fine based on updating the PATH
as a first thing in the __init__.py file in the wrapped library by
prepending:

import os
os.environ["PATH"] = r"mypath\jre\bin\server" + os.pathsep +
os.environ["PATH"]

the installer takes care of updating the path to the right place later on.

Many thanks
/Petrus