On Sun, 27 Jan 2019, marco turchi wrote:

Dear Andi,
thanks a lot! I will have a look at the configuration of the drivers.

This code needs to be fixed for Python 3.
How is the name of an exception class extracted in Python 3 ?
The exception class cannot be used directly since WindowsError exists only
on Windows, making the code using the exception class unportable.

Oh, it looks like this code is just missing 'type()', it should say:
  if type(e).__name__ == 'WindowsError'

Andi..

According to your question, I guess the generic exception class that
includes all the built-in exceptions is BaseException. See here for
more details:
https://docs.python.org/3/library/exceptions.html#bltin-exceptions

Thanks a lot!
Marco