Hi,

I just got some response on this through conda-forge community, that this
would be due that the DLL resolution order was changed in 3.8 (but
temporary reverted in conda-forge python).

https://github.com/conda-forge/python-feedstock/issues/552

I will try to test this,  if correct it will need to also go into the
generation of wrapper code I would assume.

Best Regards
/Petrus