Dear Warren and fellow users,

I am having trouble with atom picking on windows NT, using
pymol 0.80 (with python 2.1).

If I start from the methane fragment I find it hard to pick
the H atoms, while I can select them all I have to click
some way away from the atom to select it (actually I find I
need to click close to the bond between C and another H atom)

BTW I have one of the MS mice which has the middle mouse replaced
by a wheel.. mildly inconvenient for pickling with, but as far as
I can see this is not the problem.

Similar picking works on my SGI using a recent CVS checkout,
(a month or so old, sorry I don't have an exact checkout date).
I have noticed similar situations arising on the SGI in the past
which trying to set up the (lb) selection, but they are not so
consistent and I cannot reproduce them now.

Any ideas?

thanks in advance,

Paul

Dr Paul Sherwood,         email:  p.sherw...@daresbury.ac.uk
CLRC Daresbury Lab,       tel:    +44-1925-603553
Warrington,               fax:    +44-1925-603634
WA4 4AD,  UK.             http:   http://www.cse.clrc.ac.uk