"Warren L. DeLano" wrote:

> You've got choose either real-time manipulation with OpenGL-quality
> rendering or prerendered movies without manipulation.  We need another
> 100-1000 fold increase in CPU performace before real-time raytracing will
> become possible.
>
> -Warren

Dear Warren,

 Don't be too upset for that.
I use a P4 1.8GHz machine (512kb) with RH7.2 to run the ray tracing
and it takes about 4.5 sec - to generate each frame.
Remember that in my pdb, besides the protein which is plot as cartoon,
there are 1718 water molecules,
and very often people are showing the movie frames
in 1 frame/ 5sec pace. They could not see clearly what happens
if we play it even faster.
This is already realtime considering all these.

Anyway, good job.

Best regards,
K.K.Liang