Dear all!

I've encountered several questions while playing aroung with PyMOL. Maybe
there is someone who could provide some help?

1. dash options

It seems that all the "dash" settings (e.g. "dash_length", "dash_with",
"dash_radius") are global modifiers and cannot be assigned to specific
interactions in a way like "set dash_gap=0.7, dist1". A different dash_gap
would prevent a situation where interactions perpendicular to the plane
become near solid lines while interactions in plane are looking fine.

2. transparency, sphere_transparency

Is it still the case in version 0.82 of PyMOL that transparency setting only
applies to surface or spheres (using sphere_transparency)?

3. global settings vs. local settings

I'm little bit wondering why some of the PyMOL settings one can assign to
different objects (e.g. cartoon_smooth_loops) while others seem to be
incompatible and work for the hole scene (e.g. dash_gap).

Thank you!

Greetings,
Bartholomeus