Hello,

I followed the discussion on 3D stereo support in PyMOL and saw that many people were able to get PyMOL in stereo with FireGL or Nvidia cards. Finally I got the chance to try it out myself with a new NVIDIA Quadro4 XGL 900. I am running PyMOL on RedHat 7.3 wiht the latest nvidia drivers (1.0-3123). There were no problems to get accelerated X up with blazingly fast PyMOL rendering. So next, I tried to get stereo working. I am using Stereographics emitter and CrystalEyes which I've been using with our SGIs (so that I know they are functional; in fact PyMOL works in stereo on our SGIs without a problem). I plugged the emmiter into the DIN on my Quadro4 card, put Option "Stereo" "3" into my XF86Config-4, restarted X and hoped that things will just work. According to XFree log file, X was really initiated in stereo mode. The emmiter light turned on when I started PyMOL. I switched to 'quad buffered stereo' and the molecule getss rendered in stereo but when I look at it with CrystalEyes glasses nothing changes. I still see double rendered image on the screen, which means that the emmiter does not synchronize glasses correctly (or at all). I tried to change some options in XF86Config-4 but nothing helped, so I was wondering if someone experienced the same problem. Do Stereographics emmiter and CrystalEyes glasses work with Quadro4 at all? Do I need to get a different emmiter or glasses? Any help appreciated...

Thanks,
-Viktor
--
CSB computational facility