> From: J. Evan Sadler [mailto:esad...@im.wustl.edu]

> I have povray3.5 working from within pymol, but adjacent
> colors on surfaces
> show jagged lines instead of smooth. I gather that patching
> povray3.1 fixed
> this. Is there a way to do the same for povray3.5?

I've heard that PovRay3.5 supports color-interpolated triangles by default (no
patching required).  If this is in fact the case, then all we would need to do
is make a few minor changes to PyMOL's source code so that it spits out the new
PovRay primitives.

Can someone track down the details and summarize what needs to be done?

Right now I am quite busy adding session saves-and-restores to PyMOL, a much
sought-after feature that will greatly increase (re)usability.  The next
version will have this, but it will take at least a few more weeks to tie up
all of the loose ends...