I was wondering if anyone got support for amber topology and
trajectory formats working in CVS pymol. Here is what I tried:

1. I tried to build PyMOL using "Approach 2" (i.e. standalone PyMOL
using Makefile) in RedHat7.3 (python1.5, gcc-2.96). The build
finishes successfuly (i.e. no error just bunch of warnings) but when
I try to run 'pymol.com', the following error appears:

Traceback (innermost last):
  File "/usr/local/pymol/modules/pymol/__init__.py", line 92, in ?
    import pymol
  File "/usr/local/pymol/modules/pymol/__init__.py", line 220, in ?
    import cmd
  File "/usr/local/pymol/modules/pymol/cmd.py", line 752, in ?
    from importing import \
  File "/usr/local/pymol/modules/pymol/importing.py", line 26, in ?
    from pymol import m4x
  File "/usr/local/pymol/modules/pymol/m4x.py", line 17
    from chempy import cex as CEX
                            ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

2. I repeated the same build procedure but in RedHat8.0 (python2.2,
gcc-3.2) and, to my big surprise, it builds and runs! (I find it hard
to believe that a switch from python1.5 to python2.2 would be that
easy, but I'd surely not complain as RH8.0 is my current working OS).
In any case, I tried to load amber topology and trajectory:

load test.top
(this seems to succeed as the message appears:
ObjectMolecule: Assuming this is an Amber6 topology file.
Executive: object "test" created.)

load_traj test.trj
..and here is where I got stuck, the message is:
CmdLoadTraj-Error: must load object topology before loading trajectory!

Was someone successful to get this working?
Thanks very much,

-Viktor
Viktor Hornak
SUNY at Stony Brook