Hi Lieven:

I don't have windows pymol or access currently to a windows machine, so I will have to tell you how I did it on the Mac version and then hope it is essentially identical with windows.

I did this about 6 months ago in order to hyperlink quicktime to Powerpoint in XP. I am assuming hyperlinking to Pymol would work the same way, since it works the same way on a Mac. But you never know with Windows since 90% of the operating system seems to be dedicated to preventing you from using your computer.

Open up powerpoint and create a new slide.

In it put a word or picture or something.

Then select that word or picture or whatever it is.

Go to insert > hyperlink

and then put in the full file hierarchy path to your pymol application

Then when you are in presentation mode, you click on this and it starts pymol. On XP it seemed to embed it in situ (at least when I was using quicktime). In OS X it changes over to the pymol display. That's the basis for my claim that it works better in XP. I apologize if this doesn't.

HTH,

Bill Scott

William G. Scott

Associate Professor
and The Center for the Molecular Biology of RNA
Sinsheimer Laboratories
University of California at Santa Cruz
Santa Cruz, California 95064
USA