From: Kelley Moremen [mailto:more...@arches.uga.edu]
Sent: Thursday, December 12, 2002 17:07
To: pymol-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [PyMOL] Lighting questions: round 2

Dear Pymolers,

After my last round question on lighting it became clear that the relevant
setting for positing the light source for the ray traced image was "light".
There are three parameters to be set with the "light" setting, but it is not
clear what each value refers to (is it X,Y,Z for the position of the light
source?).  More importantly, what is the syntax for the alteration of the
light setting from the command line? I am running Pymol in OS X and do not
have access to the GUI panel for changing settings. I have tried numerous
variations on the theme of:
set light=-0.4, -0.4, -1.0
Any clues as to the appropriate syntax for altering the lighting to
originate from straight above the object in the image window?

Thanks,
Kelley

Dr. Kelley Moremen
Associate Professor
Complex Carbohydrate Research Center
University of Georgia, Athens, GA 30602-7229
Office (706) 542-1705    Fax: (706) 542-1759
Email: more...@arches.uga.edu
(send email with large attachments to: more...@bmb.uga.edu)
Website: http://bmbiris.bmb.uga.edu/moremen/lab/