Hi all,
It's possible that I've run into a bug/undocumented feature, but I'd like to see if anyone has a solution to the following problem. I'm working on a movie script that will (in part) make two separate surfaces for each subunit in a dimer (excluding a drug bound between the subunits), then split the monomers apart and zoom into a drug binding site. However, I'm running into some problems when I try to create the separate surfaces.

In plain english, what the script does is create two objects, one containing one subunit (B), and the other containing the other subunit AND the drug (A) (when I split the monomers apart I want the drug to follow one monomer). I then calculate the surface for subunit B, flag everything that's not subunit A as ignore, then calculate the surface for subunit A. If I input each line separately, the script works perfectly and I get two separate surfaces around each subunit and no surface around the drug. But if I run the script from the PyMOL command line or copy/paste the whole script at once into the command line, only subunit A shows a surface. The drug (correctly) does not have a surface, but (from the output in the terminal) it looks like PyMOL isn't even calculating a surface for subunit B.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Below are the relevant lines of the script:

## make all of the objects we'll need
cmd.create("A+amp+drug","a// or l/1/ or d//")
cmd.create("B+amp","b// or l/2/")

cmd.select("drug","d//")
cmd.select("A+amp","d// or l/1/")
cmd.select("none")

cmd.delete("lc03")
cmd.orient()

## color it up
cmd.color("orange","A+amp+drug and A+amp")
cmd.color("wheat","B+amp")

## let's show separate surfaces for each subunit
cmd.show("surface","B+amp")
cmd.flag("ignore","not A+amp","set")
cmd.show("surface")

Many thanks,