Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 12:58:46 -0800
From: "Daniel E. Sabath" <dsab...@u.washington.edu>
To: Fink Users <fink-us...@lists.sourceforge.net>
Subject: [Fink-users] PyMOL

I've tried PyMOL (molecular modeling software), which now claims to be
accelerated for OpenGL in the new Apple X-windows version, but for me,
rotating protein structures is really slow. I was hoping to get
something approaching free rotation like I get with rasmol. What kind
of performance should I expect? I've tried it on a G4 DP/800 and a 17"
flat panel iMac.

Thanks,

Dan
--
Daniel E. Sabath, M.D., Ph.D.
University of Washington Department of Laboratory Medicine

William G. Scott

Associate Professor
and The Center for the Molecular Biology of RNA
Sinsheimer Laboratories
University of California at Santa Cruz
Santa Cruz, California 95064
USA