Hi,

I wrote a rudimentary Python script to be run from PyMOL that makes png snapshots of identical views of your NCS-related molecules. I find it helpful for comparing map features and different conformations between NCS copies, particularly since I have 8 NCS copies in my current project's asu. The script reads in the NCS operators from an external CNS-style file, but perhaps some Python/PyMOL guru could get PyMOL to extract those operators itself and then it would be better self-contained. Anyway, I added about a page of commentary (more than the script itself) so that I myself would understand it next time I looked at that text should answer any further questions. Perhaps some high-NCS people will find it useful so I attach it to this mail.

Cheers,
Seth
Seth F. Harris, PhD
Agard Laboratory