Hi,
Is anyone using the Nuvision 60GX stereo glasses with FireGL Z1 or QuadroFX 500
cards under linux?  Or any other non-nVidia card which supports quad-buffered
stereo but doesn't have a mini-din connector on-board (i.e., not the 256 Mb
FireGL X1).  It would be nice to avoid the problems with the nVidia stereo
drivers, but I'd rather not buy the FX1000+/FireGL X1 level card, and FireGL2/4
are getting old (and hard to find).  The Nuvision guys told me that their VGA
passthrough (the -100 model, not the -NSR model), picks up the stereo sync from
nVidia cards coming through the 15-pin VGA connector.  Is this signal present
on ATI cards (or even on dual-DVI-I output cards)?

Thanks,
Dave Horita

David A. Horita, Ph.D.
Department of Biochemistry
Wake Forest University School of Medicine
Winston-Salem, NC 27157-1016
Tel: 336 713-4194
Fax: 336 716-7671
email:  dhor...@wfubmc.edu