Dan,

        Opinions may vary, but I see RPMs are pretty heavily tied to the
distribution.  The kind of errors you're seeing are to be expected when
trying to install cross-distribution.

        RPM doesn't look at the file system (AFAIK), it looks in the RPM
database for the names of (Redhat-specific) known dependency packages.

        You also need the Python megawidgets (pmw) -- there should be an
RPM for this...

        How many other PyMOL users are using Mandrake?  Perhaps there
are enough users to justify at least one official mdk package release?

mailto:war...@delanoscientific.com
Warren L. DeLano, Ph.D.
Principal Scientist
DeLano Scientific LLC
Voice (650)-346-1154
Fax   (650)-593-4020

"/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/pymol/modules/pymol/__init__.py",
> lin
> e 74, in exec_str
>     exec s in globals(),globals()
>   File "<string>", line 1, in ?
>   File
"/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/pymol/modules/pymol/__init__.py",
> lin
> e 129, in launch_gui
>     __import__(invocation.options.gui)
>   File
> "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/pymol/modules/pmg_tk/__init__.py",
li
> ne 22, in ?
>     from PMGApp import *
>   File
"/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/pymol/modules/pmg_tk/PMGApp.py",
> line
>  18, in ?
>     from AbstractApp import AbstractApp
>   File

"/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/pymol/modules/pmg_tk/AbstractApp.py",

dan...@cenargen.embrapa.br