Igor is right.  However, there is a new command in recent versions

map_double map-name

that will cut the map spacing in half by interpolating a new map via
trilinear interpolation.  This will generate a map with 2^3 = 8-fold
more grid points (and require 8X more RAM!)

load map1.ccp4
map_double map1
isomesh mesh1, map1, 1.0

will generate a mesh with half the spacing of the original map.

Note that map_double can usually only be used once on a given map before
averaging artifacts appear.

mailto:war...@delanoscientific.com
Warren L. DeLano, Ph.D.
Principal Scientist
DeLano Scientific LLC
Voice (650)-346-1154
Fax   (650)-593-4020

interpolations".
> So, to
> increase "visual toughness" of your isomesh, you should just load more
> fine-grained
> density map...
> As a "visualization trick", one might try to play with the set of
> isomeshes, based on
> the same density map and slightly differentiated by level, like this:
>
> isomesh mesh1, map1, 1.0
> isomesh mesh2, map1, 1.25
> isomesh mesh3, map1, 1.50
> isomesh mesh4, map1, 1.75
> isomesh mesh5, map1, 2.0
>
> and then color them differently.
>

> BTW, even with RepMesh you can't decrease gap size (via
min_mesh_spacing)