Doug,

        Yes, I just confirmed that PyMOL on a Mac 17" G4 PowerBook can
drive stereo using the StereoGraphics SVGA display adapter with an
external monitor.  I would expect any G4 PowerBook to be able to do
this.  The command line way to launch in stereo mode is given below.

/Applications/PyMOL.app/Contents/MacOS/PyMOL -BGS

Alternative, you could simply click on the "PyMOL Stereo" icon in the
Demos folder.

mailto:war...@delanoscientific.com
Warren L. DeLano, Ph.D.
Principal Scientist