> > What's the problem? Both PyMOL and APBS are licensed under the GPL so I
> > see no problems there.
>
> Well, pymol isn't obviously. Note to self: Don't post about licensing
> stuff after an evening of mulled wine.

I've had an evening of nice port .. we'll see how a port-influenced
evening compares to a mulled-wine-influenced evening :).

> Still, as long as the pymol license is GPL-compatible (which I believe
> it is, but I'm no lawyer), and the additional code is licensed under the
> same license, it should be alright, as I understand it.

The potential problem is this:  once I get this working, I want to give it
to PyMOL.  That way, I don't have to care about maintainance :).  If I'm
going to give it to PyMOL, I think it needs to use the PyMOL license, not
the GPL.  The license thing is probably not a big deal anyway.  On the one
hand, I'm not sure that anything I've done is actually forced to be GPL'd.
On the other hand, it would probably take Warren all of an hour to
re-create everything I've done.  It took me a while because in addition to
writing something that parses DX files, I had to figure out some of the
PyMOL internals.  And I'm slow :).  Playing around with PyMOL is
definately fun, though.

-michael