rbax...@uchicago.edu wrote:
Dear All,

I have some residues shown as sticks and a heteroatom shown as a sphere. I woul
dlike to make the sphere a little smaller compared to the sticks. How can I
control the radius of the sphere?

Hi Richard -

Add the following lines (suitably modified) to your script:

alter (elem Fe), vdw=3.5
rebuild

I used this trick to make a "lipid bilayer" composed of an array of heteroatoms (I chose cesium) which were then expanded beyond their original van der Waals radii to make a hexagonal grid.

- Matt

--
Matthew Franklin            Phone:(650)225-4596
Postdoctoral Researcher       Fax:(650)225-3734