Thanks that works fine apart from one thing:
I wish to display lines between 97AOE1 and MN in two overlapped structures, with
identical chain identification, in two different colours. Using the below
command draws two lines in the same colour. Is there a way a specifying a line
between the two below atoms only within a specific pdb file (defined as an
object).

eg line between A97OE1 and MN only within object e4_final.

I hope this is clear

thanks

John