Mads,

        The only way to accomplish this that I can think of would be to
perform the normal expansion of all symmetry-related molecules within a
cutoff and then use a Python script to delete those objects which don't fit
a criteria.

        One such criteria might be the presence of a tell-tale atom or group
in the same plane as the original (trivial if your cell axes are orthogol).

PyMOL functions you'll need:

   cmd.get_names('objects')
   cmd.get_model(object-name)
   cmd.delete(object-name)