Dear Pymol users,

I am a new pymol explorer (not a user yet :-) and it seems to me that I am
not able to select multiple atoms by using the atom number (or id, as
pymol call it) in the PDB file. For example, if I would like to
select 100 atoms (of consecutive atom numbers) in a polymerase, how
would I do that? ("select myselection, id 1000-1100" gives me an error
message). I know I could use combination of shift+left mouse button and/or
cntl+left mouse button to select a bunch of atoms, but that does not give
the freedom as I would have if I could select using atom numbers.

Thanks for your attention.

Lihua