Howdy,

I've started writing some more intricate scripts for a movie my prof's
doing _very_ soon.

I have PyMol 0.95 on either a Dual Xeon 3.4 or a Dual Opteron 240 64-Bit
both running Linux 2.6.5.  Using 'mencoder' to encode movies.

We've made great progress but would like to mimic a photon by using a
small light source (small CGO sphere?) smashing into a rhodopsin to
activate it.  Does PyMol restrict us to only have light sources behind
the camera/view?  Can I simulate this with CGO's or does PyMol have
something better built in (that my Google searches failed to find)?

Next, does rTools work for 0.95?  Right now I'm hand making movies
(which is perfectly fine), but I hear that rTools offers some very nifty
features.

Lastly, thanks again to Warren et. al. for such cool software; not only
great for visualization but teaching and thinking about biology as well.

TIA,

-- Jason

--
Jason Vertrees