I am having difficulty in displaying only one of 2 chains in a PDB file.  The file is basically a homodimer, but I want to only display one of the monomers.  I can hide one of the two chains by selecting it and then hiding it, but the problem is that I am left with one chain and a collection of pink dots.  So is there a way of hiding the chain without selecting it (and thereby gettingthe dots) or is there a way of getting rid of the dots post selection/hiding?

THANKS

-Greg

Greg Caputo Ph.D.

Postdoctoral Research Associate

Department of Medical Biochemistry & Genetics

Texas A&M University

College Station, TX 77840

(979) 862 3188 (lab)

(979) 324 8645 (cell)