On Jun 22, 2004, at 11:41, Konrad Hinsen wrote:

I'll see if I can get CCP4 format to work in a reasonable amount of time...

Actually I went for XPlor in the end, after getting a useful hint:

        http://cns.csb.yale.edu/v1.1/tutorial/text.html

Problem: the XPlor format does not specify the absolute position of the map in space. PyMOL must choose it somehow. Unfortunately, it makes the choice in such a way that my protein (in a PDB file) is outside the map.

Is it possible to shift the map (by a numerically specified distance) after it has been loaded? I'd rather shift the single map than redoing a few dozen PDB files.

Konrad
Konrad Hinsen
Laboratoire Léon Brillouin, CEA Saclay,
91191 Gif-sur-Yvette Cedex, France