Hello:

I am trying to highlight residues that are within 4A of a chain (but in a
different chain):

I have tried:
show sticks, c. c around 4 & c. a
show sticks, c. a within 4 of c. c

Both show some residues within 4A but not all.  For example, I can measure
a distance of 3.3 A between 2 atoms in the chains but these do not show up
with the commands issued above.  Interesting if I increase the distance
cutoff to 4.1A they do show up.  And some interactions that are >3.3A
apart do show up with the 4A cutoff.  Am I missing something?  This
is kind of scary since I cannot rely on the display to
consistently show me all residues within 4A.

Cheers,
JTM

"We can be sure that if a detailed understanding of the molecular basis of
chemo-therapeutic activity were to be obtained, the advance of medicine
would be greatly accelerated."

Linus Pauling, Nobel Laureate 1954

"...everything that living things do can be understood in terms of the
jigglings and wigglings of atoms."

Richard Feynman, Nobel Laureate 1965

Jason Thomas Maynes
PhD/MD Program