On Jul 23, 2004, at 4:16 PM, Chris Larkin wrote:
hi michael-
such a figure should be no problem, could you send me an example of what you're ending up with and maybe I can figure out your problem.

chris

Hi Chris, thanks for your willingness to help me troubleshoot:

I may have been too hasty; I am only now learning how to use scripts in pymol, and at the same time experimenting with the surface representations, and transparency. So I'm juggling several layers of new tricks and its easier to make mistakes :0) What I'm discovering is that several residues I anticipated to be surface exposed are actually buried, and that's part of the reason why I wasn't seeing them on the surface. I think I now understand how to do this.

Kind Regards
--Michael