Hello I made a Debian package for Pymol (only for x86 arch). Here are instructions for how to get it and how to use it.

There are two ways to install pymol from a Debian package :

The automatic way:
add this line in your /etc/apt/sources.list file or ask your sys admin to do so.
deb http://debian.acidspace.net custom/

The advantage of this method is that you will always have an up to date version of PyMOL

What are the advantages over running the official Debian pymol package?

Michael

Sorry, I forgot to mention, my package is for Pymol v.0.97(and I will keep it up to date). The official debian package is Pymol 0.95.

Vladimir

--

Daric Vladimir
Unité de Biochimie Structurale

Institut Pasteur
25 rue du Dr. Roux, 75724 Paris, France

Tel. +33 (0)1 40 61 35 46
Fax. +33 (0)1 45 68 86 04

http://www.pasteur.fr/recherche/unites/Bstruct

begin:vcard
fn:Daric Vladimir
n:Vladimir;Daric
org;quoted-printable:Institute Pasteur;Unit=C3=A9 de Biochimie tructurale
adr:;;25, rue Docteur Roux;Paris;;75015;France
email;internet:da...@pasteur.fr
tel;work:01 40 61 35 46
tel;home:01 45 66 87 36
tel;cell:06 67 60 19 28