Hi,
All I want to do is be able to create an electrostatic surface representation of a simple molecule.

I am seriously overwhelmed by the information for compiling and setting APBS on their website. I was happy to fine a link to download a package with an installer, but when I run it it fails at the very end and tells me to try installing again. Also, is there any place that I should be installing this? I tried in the Applications folder and in the folder I made to surround PyMOL and it's user manual.

I also notice that there is a binary ready to use for G5 on the website, but where do I put this to work, and where is the psize.py file. I rarely work on a UNIX platform and I have a very hard time switching from macOS to UNIX and back, since macOS is almost all point and click.

Thanks for any help.  Ann

Ann Mullin
Research Scientist
Cell and Molecular Biology Dept.