Hi all:

I am trying to benchmark our graphics cards or more specifically different
versions of the Linux NVidia drivers with pymol. I cobbled together a short
python script, which I thought would do the trick but it did not. The intent
was to rotate a representation a certain number of degrees in 1 degree
increments and clock the time which had elapsed. That should give me a rough
idea how well the drivers perform plus pymol/python overhead which should be
constant. The problem is that I cannot figure out how to force pymol to
redraw every frame of the animation on the screen. It just does the turns
silently without actually displaying them.
I also tried using the combination of mset, roll and mplay, but there the
movie does not stop after specified number of frames, although in all
fairness the docs did not indicate it should.

Any ideas out there how to approach this in a better way are welcome.

I attached the script, may be it is just something simple I am missing.

Cheers,

        Carsten

Carsten Schubert, Ph.D.
Structural Biology
J&J PRD (Exton)
665 Stockton Drive, Exton, PA, 19341, USA
Tel:610-458-5264 Ext:6579
Fax:610-458-8249
eMail: cschu...@prdus.jnj.com