Jules,

Right now (and for the foreseeable future) PyMOL's sequence viewer shows
actual atoms in an object (whether or not they have coordinates).  There
isn't currently any way to retrieve that information other than by looking
at atoms...

model=cmd.get_model(object-name)
for atom in model.atom:
   print atom.name, atom.chain

etc.

PyMOL's C code isn't particularly object-oriented -- there is no class which
encapsulates the PDB parser.

mailto:war...@delsci.com
Warren L. DeLano, Ph.D.
Principal Scientist