Hi Matt,

have a look at the Nvidia Quadro FX 500 for about 200 Euro. the nvidia driver
works nicely under linux and is easy to install.

the card lacks a separate stereo output, but you simply need an
'VGA-splitter/bridge' which extracts the stereo signal from the VGA port.
(This adapter is for instance included in the old Revelator Stereo Set, which
costs 10-20 Euro at Ebay.)

cheers,

peter

On Friday 10 December 2004 21:13, Matt Harrington wrote:
> I'm looking for something which fits the following bill:
>
> 1.) must support 3 pin mini-DIN stereo for use with an emitter & glasses
> from Stereographics
> 2.) must work nicely under Suse 9.2 on an AGP 4x system (Dell 8250)
> 3.) must support 2 monitors, a DVI LCD (for everyday use) and a VGA CRT
> (for stereo)
> 4.) must be under US$500
>
> the nvidia quadro4 750 xgl seems to be a good choice, but it's not the
> newest card around and i thought i'd ask here before proceeding.  comments
> are welcome.
>
> ---Matt

Dr. Peter Haebel

Philipps-Universität Marburg