Hi PyMOLers,
We're having some mysterious troubles with PyMOL plugins that I hope someone can shed some light on. Out of the several linux boxes we have running PyMOL, a RedHat machine and a Debian machine play very nicely with plugins. Nothing ever complains and everything is smooth a silk.

However, we have two other Debian boxes on which all plugins cause a segfault. Even pressing "About" in the plugins menu or trying to start the APBS plugin causes a segfault. Everything else about PyMOL appears to be just peachy.

The mysterious thing is that *thought* we had the non-working Debian boxes set up identically to the working Debian box. Since this is clearly not the case, we're looking for clues about how PyMOL interfaces with the plugin scripts. That is, where should we start looking for broken things on one Debian box versus another?

Jacob

--
Jacob Corn
UC Berkeley - 315 Hildebrand Hall