Hello everyone,

I found a temporary solution to the driver problem, in case there are people
out there who are too lazy to roll them back (like me). Basically, when
running pymol from the command-line with the new drivers, an error regarding
the TLS library is produced:

ImportError: libnvidia-tls.so.1: cannot handle TLS data

This was the exact same error I was getting after installing the 6111 drivers
for the first time - but at the time, it seemed I was the only one on this
list with this problem (you can scan the archive for the thread). However,
the solution remains the same. Renaming /usr/lib/tls to something else
(/usr/lib/tls_backup) for instance, solved this issue. Now pymol launches and
is accelerated normally.

I'm running Debian SID, kernel 2.4.26, on AMD64 hardware.

Regards,
Peter

--
Laboratory of Dr. Didier Picard