Thanks Sabuj,

I thought so, but couldn't be sure, as a lot depends on the quality of the drivers... w/o Direct Rendering (ATI drivers sucks!), my ath64 laptop with R9700 only manages to give me some 4 fps... that makes it all but unusable. so i was afraid to find myself in an even worst situation... Hopefully, PyMol takes advantage of Altivec... I'll give it a try. thanks again...

   luca

Sabuj Pattanayek wrote:

 Hi,

 I can run pymol smoothly on my celeron-m 1.3ghz laptop with intel
 i855gmch embedded graphics chip. This has no dedicated memory and
 uses a portion of the 512MB system ram for graphics processing.

 The specs say that mac mini's come standard with ati r9200 with 32mb
 *dedicated* ram for graphics so you should have no problems. In
 general a dedicated ati or nvidia chip has more opengl capabilities
 than embedded intel or sis graphics chips. A $50 upgrade to 512MB
 would help tremendously however.

 Hope that helps, Sabuj Pattanayek