Thank-you, that worked beautifully. Before the crash the MouseWorks software can't have been working properly.

Bronwyn

On 18/08/2005, at 10:01 AM, Xavier Deupi wrote:

Hi Bronwyn,

I had the same problem (using a Logitech MX310 under OS X 10.4.2). As somebody previously suggested, I just uninstalled the Logitech software, so the os treats the mouse as 'generic'. And now the middle button behaves as expected.

hope this helps,

Xavier

Bronwyn Carlisle wrote:

Hi, A couple of things:

a) I've just installed the latest MacPymol (after having a major crash and having to re-install EVERYTHING), and my middle mouse button doesn't seem to work. I can't move things around on the screen. The other buttons work fine, and the middle one scrolls OK, so I can slab - but I want to move things!! I have played with the MouseWorks thing in System Prefs, and can change the middle button clicking to do what any of the other button clicks do, but there is no option for "middle button". Is there a key combination I can put in that will let it move things?

b)I'm trying to make a surface and a cartoon of a CA-only structure. A search of my email archive tells me that by now Pymol should be able to create at least a ribbon from this sort of file, but I can't figure out how to do it. Can someone please instruct me?

Ta

Bronwyn

Bronwyn Carlisle
Biochemistry Department
University of Otago
PO Box 56
710 Cumberland St
Dunedin

email: bronwyn.carli...@stonebow.otago.ac.nz
tel: +64 (0)3 4797704

Xavier Deupi, Ph.D.
Department of Molecular and Cellular Physiology
Beckman Center for Molecular and Genetic Medicine (B161)
279 Campus Drive, Stanford University School of Medicine
Stanford, CA 94305 (USA)

E-mail: xavier.de...@stanford.edu
Phone: +1 (650) 725-6497
Fax : +1 (650) 725-8021