This is more half an answer than the real deal, but when I had the same
issue I opted for the quick work around of setting the range from -100 to
100 for the blue-white-red palette which effectively made 0-100 correspond
to white to red only since there were no negative B factors/conservation
scores.
e.g.
spectrum b, blue_white_red, minimum=-100, maximum=100

I am curious for better answers, as you are, but haven't delved into the
code to look for it myself, either. But perhaps this or some fine tuning of
the range or other pre-defined palettes will get done what you desire.

Cheers,
Seth