Hi all -

While on the subject and after thanking Warren for providing the excellent resource ...:

We have some nice 3D monitors and Nvidia cards in Linux PC's we do stereo with.

Warren correctly points out that you need:

           1280x960  @ 120 Hz requires H-sync of 123 kHz
      1344x1008 @ 120 Hz requires H-sync of 130 kHz
      1400x1050 @ 120 Hz requires H-sync of 136 kHz

(In fact you need your monitor to switch to these refresh rates only when in stereo, but thats a detail)

However, I am totally unable to convince the NVidia drivers we have for Linux to operate at the sync rates I want them to and Warren advices! Thus, we have noticeable flicker at stereo mode (in the non-stereo windows only) which is a shame, given our excellent monitors.
Is that expected or can be corrected ?

Could anyone please advice me how to set the Nvidia Linux drivers to operate at the proper sync rates then ?

        Tassos

PS - Iiyama Vision Master Pro 514 / HM204DT (H-sync: 142 kHz) is still available by some European vendors new and is great, we have two, plus an old trusty EIZO T966 which is also cool. (Warren, I could not find that on your list,its a good machine, does 136 and you might be able to find one still)