Hi,

If you are getting unwanted PyMOL standard errors you can turn them off using the cmd.feedback() commands:

cmd.feedback('disable', 'selector', 'everything')
cmd.feedback('disable', 'executive', 'everything')

to turn them on again:

cmd.feedback('enable', 'selector', 'everything')
cmd.feedback('enable', 'executive', 'everything')

cmd.feedback('disable', 'all', 'everything') will do exactly as it says on the tin.

otherwise maybe use a Python try:/except: clause?

eg:

try:
    Instructions to load the map (cmd.load(map)?)
except:
    raise IOError('')

Jules

Sebastien Moretti wrote:
Hello,

yes. maybe. if you are talking about printing to standard error, then :

   import sys
   sys.stderr.write("hello, stderr!")

will do it.

if, on the other hand, you mean something more complicated to do with manipulating the shell ("redirection"...?) than I don't know, sorry.

gilleain torrance

I would like to change the current path for stderr to /dev/null by example.

I have a plugin which creates a legend box from a fake (empty) apdb map. Instruction, which loads the map, sends an error message and I would like to hide it.

How can I do ?

Thanks

    Hello,
    I would like to know if there is a way to manipulate standard error
    redirection into pymol scripting language ?

    Thanks