pymol-users-ad...@lists.sourceforge.net wrote on 04/02/2006 06:00:42 PM:

> Is there a way to adjust the viewing window without dragging the mouse
> on a corner to do so? I need to resize the window for several files and
> want to make sure they are all the same.
>
> Thanks,
> James

Hi James -

The "viewport" command does this, e.g. 'viewport 800,600' gives you an
800x600 pixel viewing area.  The arguments apply to the drawing area, not
the total window size - that is, if you say

viewport 500,500
png foo.png

you'll get a 500x500 pixel image.  This command behaves erratically if you
try to draw the window larger than your screen will allow, and you can't
save (in OpenGL mode) the parts of the image that are offscreen, so don't
do that.  (If you need a big image for publication, type 'ray 2000,2000' or
something similar.)

- Matt

--
Matthew Franklin                     phone:(917)606-4116
Senior Scientist, ImClone Systems      fax:(212)645-2054

Confidentiality Note:  This e-mail, and any attachment to it, contains
privileged and confidential information intended only for the use of the
individual(s) or entity named on the e-mail.  If the reader of this e-mail
is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for
delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
reading it is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this e-mail in
error, please immediately return it to the sender and delete it from your
system.  Thank you.