Hi Philippe,

Pymol isn't very good at handling many spheres. However, Povray is
extremely efficient with raytracing scenes consisting of spheres and
if you know the perspective you want to have the image from, you can
convert your atom set to spheres (with desired radii) and apply the
view from Pymol. If you would like, I can send you the script (Povray
macro) to export the Pymol view to Povray.

Best regards,

Tsjerk