I believe that you need to make these new objects to correct the problem,
at least this is a quick fix that I have done in the past.  There may be a
more elegant solution:

load my.pdb, obj1
load my.pdb, obj2

[whatever to each obj]

When loaded separately you don't have this problem.

Cheers,
JTM

"We can be sure that if a detailed understanding of the molecular basis of
chemo-therapeutic activity were to be obtained, the advance of medicine
would be greatly accelerated."

Linus Pauling, Nobel Laureate 1954

"...everything that living things do can be understood in terms of the
jigglings and wigglings of atoms."

Richard Feynman, Nobel Laureate 1965

Jason Thomas Maynes, MD/PhD
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biophysics
Resident in Anaesthesia and Paediatrics
Faculty of Medicine
Washington University in St. Louis
jmay...@biochem.wustl.edu