Hi Martin,

* Martin Höfling <martin.hoefl...@physik.uni-muenchen.de> [2007-06-26 15:15]
wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> i am trying to map b factors on a surface representation.
>
> I am using spectrum b,blue_white_red,mymol and the colors are fine. Is there
> way to fine tune the color spectrum, such as with the "Midpoint" and "Offset"
> sliders in vmd?

My color_b.py script has some controls, although I'm not sure it will
do quite what you want. It has a number of different gradients built
in, plus you can adjust the overall saturation or value (brightness).
Like the spectrum command you can set the minimum and maximum values
to use, which can help to adjust the midpoint. It also has two modes,
histogram, in which the spacing of B-values (or other values) is equal
or "ramp", in which the number of atoms in each bin is kept constant,
but the widths of the bins vary.

You are welcome to modify it to add new features, of course. You can
find it at:

   http://pldserver1.biochem.queensu.ca/~rlc/work/pymol/color_b.py

Cheers,
Rob
--
Robert L. Campbell, Ph.D.
Senior Research Associate/Adjunct Assistant Professor