Hi Nagarajan,

I'm not sure whether this is the best way to get what you need. symexp is
intended to regain the crystallographic symmetry, but it seem to me you want
to have the biological unit. The pdb files in the RCSB PDB are usually also
available as biological unit and it should be possible to retrieve these
automatically. Alternatively, the pdb file usually contains information
about the transformations involved to get the symmetry related mates in the
biological unit. This does not need to correspond to the crystal symmetry
which Pymol uses for symexp.

But these are just my two cents...

Tsjerk

On 11/3/07, Nagarajan <nagara...@ncbs.res.in> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> Thanks. I found the way to do that.
>
> symexp sym, test_2(test_2),4.0 ====> to generate symmetry
>
> sincerely
> --
> Nagarajan.P | Junior Research Fellow
> Computational Protein Science Research Group
> NCBS | TIFR
> Bangalore | India
>
> Nagarajan wrote:
> $ Hello All,
> $
> $ I am having 2 queries
> $
> $ 1. I like to know the command line argument to use the generate symmetry
> $ option.
> $
> $ 2. I like to do this for around 400 morphs. All the morphs are monomer,
> $ need to generate their tetramer. I am having the transition matrix. I
> like
> $ to write a code to do this.
> $
> $ Please help me to do this.
> $ Thanks in advace
> $
> $ Sincerely
> $ --
> $ Nagarajan.P | Junior Research Fellow
> $ Computational Protein Science Research Group
> $ NCBS | TIFR
> $ Bangalore | India
> $
> $