From: pymol-users-boun...@lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:pymol-users-boun...@lists.sourceforge.net] On Behalf Of Christian
Seifert
Sent: Wednesday, September 10, 2008 8:48 PM
To: pymol-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [PyMOL] Launch parameter "-d" with string

Hi.

The command "help launch" tells me, that the launch parameter -d <string>
starts the command (written in the string) after the start of pymol. This
works well, if I just send a string of one word (e.g.
"help"), but if I try to send more than one word (e.g. "help
selections") pymol executes the command "help" and then tries to open a file
named "selections".
I tried using apostrophes in the shell, but I did not find a solution.
Is there any possibility to start pymol with a string which contains
whitespaces (e.g. $ pymol -d "help selections")?

Regards,
Christian.

--
M. Sc. Christian Seifert