From: pymol-users-boun...@lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:pymol-users-boun...@lists.sourceforge.net] On Behalf Of Gilles Truan
Sent: Wednesday, September 17, 2008 1:09 AM
To: pymol-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [PyMOL] Strange behaviour with APBS

I have noticed a strange behaviour of the APBS module. I used it a lot
recently and it works perfectly for 95% of the structures I analyzed. I
usually fetch the pdb code, then remove waters, heteroatoms and so on. I
also noticed that in some cases, when the b factor is quite big (over
100) APBS cannot work the pdb file because it mixes up the b factor and the
number which is just before (occupancy). But I managed with that, I usually
erase the b factor to 0 before doing the APBS calculation and everything
works fine then.
The other strange behavious is related to nothing I can pinpoint
unfortunately. For some files (I always fetch them with the fetch command
from Pymol), I can set the grid OK and when I launch APBS, I can see the
file being processed (I see the select and hydrogens go on!) and then it
stops with the following error message:

ObjectMapLoadDXFile-Error: Unable to open file!
ObjectMapLoadDXFile: Does 'pymol-generated.dx' exist?

All the paths for APBS are correctly setup, the temp files are setup as
well.
If I then fetch a new file, APBS works, even for several files (one after
another) and if I come back to the file I wanted to do first, it gives me
the same error message (BTW, the pdb file is 1CJC).

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!