Hello,

I hope you can help me with a rather practical matter.

I need to build a new pc, to be used mainly for molecular visualization in stereo 3d. Subjects will range from small proteins to large virus surfaces displayed with pymol (and chimera when pymol fails).

The system would have to be dual boot linux/vista, and I assume that I need the 64bit versions so that I can use a lot of memory (6/8 Gb).

I wonder if you can recommend a system for the task and in particular:
- which processor (Dual or quad core)?
- which graphic card?
- I can wait a few months for the stereo capabilities (doesn't have to be the Zalman monitor now), but I would really like to buy the right system as soon as possible.

Thanks a lot for the help,
Luca

begin:vcard
fn:Luca Varani
n:Varani;Luca
org:Institute for Research in Biomedicine
adr:;;Via Vela 6;Bellinzona;;6500;Switzerland
email;internet:luca.var...@irb.unisi.ch
tel;fax:+41 91 820 0321
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
url:http://www.irb.unisi.ch/main.asp?page=staff_home&id=195